Indicates the maximum number of columns or rows of the matrix object.
Read only. Long integer representing the maximum allowable number of
columns or rows.
Maximum allowed size of the matrix depends upon which edition of Matrix
ActiveX Component is in use.
- Free Trial Edition lets you use matrices up to 6x6 in
- In Standard and Advanced edition, the maximum matrix size
returned by MaxSize property is 2,147,483,647.
Note that although it is possible to create matrices of the MaxSize, there
are performance issues to consider. A quick way to estimate the useable matrix
size would be to:
- Estimate the available physical memory of the target machine.
- Divide this value by 30 for real matrices or by 60 for complex matrices.
- The resulting number represents the maximum number of matrix elements
that should be used on the target machine.
Rows Property | Size Method
Applies To: Matrix | CMatrix