- This calculator solves a system of linear equations in the form A*X=B
where A is the m x n
matrix containing the coefficients of the unknowns and B is
a matrix with m rows containing the right-hand side terms.
- B can have more than one column; in this case X will
be computed for multiple right-hands and will have the same as many columns
- If m<n, then the system
is underdetermined and a least norm solution is returned.
- If m=n and A
in non-singular then the unique exact solution is returned. If A
is found to be singular, a lest norm solution is returned.
- If m>n then the system is
overdetermined and the least squares solution is returned.
- Use spaces, tabs or commas as delimiters between matrix elements.
- You can copy and paste values from an Excel spreadsheet. In this case you will need
to specify that the values are delimited by tabs.
- Valid entries are numbers such as: 1234.5677, 1.23E10, 1.E-10
- Matrices of up to 30 rows by 30 columns
can be entered. If you enter larger matrices, extra rows or columns will be ignored.